Secondly, by the time people DO have time to kill (on Monday at work), they don't leave comments because they figure it's an old post (3 days) and people don't usually read the comments on old posts so... "Why bother commenting if Cameron will be posting something new later today? I might as well just wait to comment on his new post this afternoon."
Ultimately, I've decided if I feel like posting something on a weekend I'm going to try not to put much thought into it. Maybe just post something easy that I've written in the past... or maybe a couple of photos. Nothing big. But if YOU'RE like ME, then you'll be excited when you see I've posted something new while you're clicking around on Saturday afternoon or maybe Sunday just before church.
Wow. That dialogue was almost completely unnecessary.
I have a folder of letters I've written to my brothers while they were on their missions. I also have saved all of my update letters mailed out to family and friends approximately four times a year, titled Daley Record of Events... or D.R.E. I've decided to scan in all of my written letters and typed updates (that I haven't previously had stored) and put them on my thumb drive. I've opted to post one today for your reading pleasure.
I hope it brings you happiness on this wonderful weekend.

9 comments:
I remember this night so well. I don't remember feeling much emotion as you fed that rat to your snake except for excitement, however now reading the experience, I feel so sad for that rat. Funny how groups of people and time past changes you. Anita and I actually made fun of a girl who was crying there for a while, now I can't help but think I would be her. Gee, I've turned into a wuss. Love you Cameron
Now here's my dilemma: I don't have time to read that whole single spaced sheet of paper right now, because it's Saturday, and I need to go downstairs and mop the floor, but I know I will later. So do I leave a comment now? And then read it later and leave another comment? Apparently the answer is yes. Even if it takes me a few days and you've already posted something new.
But if YOU are like ME you have your preferences set so you get an email every time someone comments on your blog. That way, someone can comment on a post from months ago and you'll be notified. Otherwise, that comment would go by unnoticed.
It's happened.
In conclusion, I would like to say, keep up on the weekend posts!
A good story for a boring weekend! Kevin and I had been waiting to see the Indiana Jones hat and we weren't dissapointed!
Wow. I would say I'm sad I didn't witness the event, but I actually think I would prefer reading about it anyway. I'm sure the version of the rat mishap communicated through your brilliant prose is sufficient...and more poetic than witnessing the natural food chain take its course first hand.
I remember these Thursday events, but I was not present at this one! I'm sorry I missed it, but glad that you posted that letter so I could read all about it. By the way, I use google reader and it lets me know when someone has posted something new on thier blog. I'm playing catch up now, since I've been so sick with this pregnancy. So, check your older postings, because there will be comments from me!
I'm with you on the weekend posting fears... sure a couple people "say" google reader this and email that, but I have sitemeter and with little effort could probably prove that it weekend posting renders less comments.
Your just lucky, really lucky that this one time on a Sunday afternoon I have nothing better to do.
Dude... the funny thing about the picture with you and 3 people on the couch.... Just a short 7 years ago the gender and age of the two shirtless individuals would have been much different.
okay i was totally on edge reading the "feeding" great letter.
You tell your stories so well! Wish you did catch everyone's reactions on camera. This site is a great way for me to be very entertained and still look busy while I'm at work. Good thing I found out about your blog on my Netflix!
Post a Comment