
So I heard that Mr. Valentine was some sort of womanizer who invented love cards or notes or something. Then he got arrested for something and thrown in prison. I guess he fell in love with the Warden's daughter and then he was executed for being a womanizer. Then, after he was dead, someone said, "Man that dude is cool. We should Knight him or something so everyone has to call him 'Sir'." Then someone else said, "No. Not good enough. Plus, Valentine sucked at killing dragons. Let's make him a Saint." So they did.

Now that everyone is more familiar with St. Karl Valentine, can someone explain why we have to pay $5.49 USA ($7.99 Canada) for a card and envelope that says how much we love our partner? Every year I have a harder and harder time paying for that cotton-pickin' (no offense to African Americans) card. Now that I have kids, I also have to pay for a card FROM them to my wife. MAN! I'm sure my wife would rather have the cash, but her feelings would probably be hurt... deep down.
I guess I could always do the whole "homemade" card thing. But that requires what some people call "free time" and most of my "free time" isn't really "free" since I'm actually busy watching my Netflix.
Oh well.

6 comments:
You are sooo cheap. Why don't you just use an extra couple bucks from the $50 you owe me!
Actually I owe you $75. And if girls didn't have 10 holidays a year where they expected presents, I'd have paid you back 3 months ago.
All I ever asked for is kisses and hugs gee cam.
Betsy
Your so retarded Cam. Don't you know that it isn't the $5.49 card that you give to her, its the foot rub, the back rub, and the "leave me alone becaue I have a headache" rub that she appreciates? Get a freaking clue!!!!! Love ya! Melanie L
I should see the overall Valentines message of your post but all I was actually left thinking was 'I miss Netflix'
Sigh.
You write very well.
Post a Comment