
So my best friend and I have a standing movie date. His name is John Maxim and he's been my best friend since we spent a few months together in England (no offense to my other friends who I have told they are my best friend. John Maxim in truly my best friend. I have other friends that were previously my "best", but time and distance apart have put a space between us that will probably never be spanned... JB... you know who you are [even if you didn't, I just used your name so now you'd better know who you are]).
Aaaannnnyway, so John and I have this standing movie date. I won't tell you on what day this "movie date" falls on for fear I may be judged by my more righteous Mormon friends and acquaintances. Also, John has something called "Ward Prayer" which just so happens to fall on the same night as our "movie date" and, if I'm not mistaken, John frequently makes up some random excuse as to why he needs to leave early. I'd hate to ruin this misleading practice of his by giving away too much information as to the time and day of our outing.
John and I typically meet in Layton since he's coming from Salt Lake and I live in Ogden. We figured out that Layton is the halfway point. Not just "kind of" halfway or "pretty much" halfway. The Layton movie theatre itself it exactly (time-wise) halfway between our two homes. We know this because every ***day we leave the theatre and drive home while talking to each other on the phone. We always arrive home within 10 seconds of each other... and sometimes I get home before him and vice versa. And traffic isn't an issue either since the traffic is scarce every ***day night when we leave the theatre.

So the whole point of this post is that I need to make sure John is cool with just coming to Ogden for the next few ***days since my wife is now 3 centimeters dialated and 75% effaced. She could go into labor any moment and I don't want to be in Layton on a ***day night with my phone on vibrate when her water breaks. Some of you might be wondering why I don't just call John to arrange this. Well if I did that, what would I have typed on my blog? Criminy.

11 comments:
You kill me! I cant believe you moved to Ogden, what the HELL is wrong with you! Poor thing.....
If I were John I would boycott Ogden. Just do it John, tell Cam NO!
Could this day be, do I dare say it, MONday? I am kinda offended that you go on MONday! Us good Mormon acquaintances think the worst of you! 3 cm and 75%! YEAH!
Hopefully John will understand. That just means he'll have to dismiss ward prayer altogether. Funny, I always thought he left because he got bored.
Good luck with the baby!
You are the ugliest girl ever! I love it.
I think he will go to Ogden, ward prayer is overrated. i guess the real question is, he is your BFF but are you his BFF?
Yes, I know who I am, I think. Hopefully I can one day span your distance, or our distance, wait, that sounds weird. Lunch?
So, I actually checked out your blog the other day through Adam's. It was so great finding out what you have been up to the past few years! Your family looks awesome, and congrats on the new baby on the way.
You know Rachelle... "BFF" can stand for several things... and 'yes'... I AM his BFFF. The third "F" is for "future" since technically "forever" includes our history and we weren't BFFF until we were 20 years old.
Maybe John should babysit Tyton and Boston so you AND Betsy can go to the movie..."incase" her water breaks on ***DAY, being the ultimate BFFFFFF that he is of course....
You had me at "so" Cameron... you had me at "so". Sure I'll drive 45 minutes way in the hell up to the sphincter of Utah on ***day nights for the next couple weeks. Just because you got your wife pregnant and will soon be having your third child. With gas prices its only about $8 per round trip.
For the rest of you, I don't know what BFF stands for, but I assure you all I am strait - and Cameron is too... I'm pretty sure.
I had a dream last night that your baby was born. Weird Cam...I haven't dreamt about you in awhile. I guess technically it was about Betsy. That is even more weird. Good thing it was me and not one of you boyfriends, eh?
***Note to self: Stop reading blogs before bedtime.
***2nd note to self: Note bedtime should be before 3am.
Post a Comment