I'm eating dinner with my family the other night. Since we've had the baby, there have been several neighbors who have graciously offered to bring over dinner. An offer we can't refuse. Well, the other night we had a neighbor bring over chicken kay-sah-dee-ahs. They were quite yummy, but my children are a little more picky than my wife and I.
They're surprisingly willing to try pretty much anything you offer them, with very few exceptions. (Semi-humorous side note: I had Tyton convinced that until he'd actually tasted poo, he's wasn't allowed to say something tastes like it. I told him that poo might taste really really yummy, but he'd never know unless he'd try it. Don't worry, I didn't let him.) Well, Tyton thought the dinner tasted okay, but when Boston put the first bite in his mouth, he gagged audibly and started scanning the living room for the garbage can among the newly rearranged furniture. I told him he could spit it out on the side of my plate, which he did happily... along with some of his spit and a bit of graham cracker I didn't realize was also in his mouth.
Well, I don't have much of a gag reflex. As long as I can't smell something gross, I can be looking at just about anything. So I scoot this blob of chicken-graham goop off to the side of my plate and continue eating. My boys continue playing with their trains and I keep watching Most Shocking on TruTV (previously Court TV). Betsy wanders in about 10 minutes later... right about the time I polish off my scrumptious dinner. Betsy asks me if Boston thought it tasted good. I chuckle and start to explain his gag and subsequent ejection of said bite, but when I glance at my plate to give my wife the unneeded visual aid, I notice the glob of goop was mysteriously absent.
There was only one explanation. At some point I had stirred Bostons partially digested morsel into my own meal and consumed it along with the tortilla, cheese, chicken, sour cream, and the miscellaneous spices that comprised my kay-sah-dee-ah.
My wife was disgusted, but I was more surprised that I didn't taste even a hint of honey graham.

8 comments:
That is effing discusting!!! :)
O-Town Sucks!!! You will miss Reg 3 (I think...) actually probably not.
Ya know they might make you show up for work up there?
Don't be jealous of my sunshine!
Um, that was pretty disgusting! But, as a parent I can honestly say, things that once made you gag, don't after having a child! Can't wait for Steph to experience this. Mattie once spit up some formula and baby food on Stephanie, and Stephanie about threw up on Mattie in return!
Glad to know that you are also a huge Dora fan!
I added a little Graham to my Quesadilla today - Mmmm I think you're on to something Cam.
That was hilarious. Kind of like how mama birds chew up their food and spit it out into their babies' beaks so they can digest it easier.
Only you're the baby bird in this story.
Sick. Or even better, Sick and Wrong. I think we are all now worse off for hearing that. Seriously, I really dont think that I can eat Graham crackers for awhile. -A long while. In fact, I'll just let you know when I can again. Don't call me, I'll call you. -I think I feel noxious.
Oh, as always- you rock at writing- keep up the great blog!!!!!
Maybe you'll notice the graham on the way out... Then it will really taste like poo!
you will eat anything.
Post a Comment