Monday, February 22, 2010

Tyton's Thumb Scratch

First of all I just want to say how disturbing it is that my 7-year-old's thumb looks like mine. While I was holding my phone up to his hand to take the photo, I had to keep repositioning my phone cause I thought I was accidentally taking photos of my own hand. Creepy.

Anyway, do you see the scratch on Tyton's thumb... just under his fingernail? Yeah... me neither, but he was pretty sure it was there. Now I'll be transcribing our exact conversation that I recorded.

Me: Tell me what happened to your thumb.

Ty: Um, I was feeding a puppy. It's my mom's friends puppy and I was feeding it with piece of meat. It was jumping up and then one time it just grabbed me and scratched my thuuuuuuuuumb.

Me: I don't see a scratch on there.

Ty: Well, there is a scratch.

Me: How bad did it hurt?

Ty: I don't know.

Me: If a "10" is getting punched in the face and a "1" is... um... pulling out one of the hairs on your head...

Ty: Actually, how 'bout number one is just getting hit really softly by a can just like... (taps my arm with a phantom can)

Me: By a can?

Ty: Yeah... just like (another tap by phantom can)...

Me: Is it a full can or an empty can?

Ty: Empty.

Betsy (from the other room): Cameron?

Me: Empty can. Ok. So, how would you rate that scratch? (to Betsy) Once sec, Bets!

Ty: Um... say it's about, like... 4?

Me: 4?

Ty: Nods head.

So, there you have it. A non existent scratch is significantly more painful than getting hit very, very softly by the side of an empty can.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Tell him to put a cold, wet paper towel on it. That pretty much cures anything and everything.

B. said...

Our poor family!!!

Alyssa Warner said...

That's hilarious!