The doctor said that he wouldn't suggest getting his tonsils out as long as we could keep his fever under control. I told him that we couldn't ever get it under 102 with medication. The doctor decided that was a good enough reason to have them removed.
So on the 7th of January, Ty went in and had his tonsils out. He was a pretty tough kid. I'll admit, though, that I had a hard time concentrating on anything while I was at work on the day he had them removed.
I was pretty stoked, though, cause I was telling Tyton about how he could take his tonsils in for show-and-tell when he goes back to school. He was pretty excited for that, as well.
I guess things have changed since I was growing up, though, cause they don't let you take your tonsils home anymore. I'm not sure why. Maybe because they're choking hazards or something. Some white trash kid in West Valley who decided to eat his brothers tonsils ruined it for the rest of us.
Luckily they let us take a few sweet photos of his tonsils... complete with clinging chunks of throat flesh and blood splatters.
Judging by the sheer mass of the gooshy throat matter, I'd say Tyton is about 5 pounds lighter than when he went to the doctor.

9 comments:
Sick Cameron! You totally ruined my animal cracker snack time. Ethan had his out last year. Oh, just wait till he has the rancid breath that only a tonsilectomy patient can have. Bring that for show and tell.
The doctors don't let you take them home anymore because they save them for themselves and make a "foie gras" of some sort for themselves. Doctors have it made...
I'm adding these pics to my new book for Dieters entitled 99 Pics to Help You Stop Eating! Don't worry, the pic of you in your underpanties made it too.
Those pictures are pretty gross! I'm glad that Tyton did so well with his surgery. Hopefully his days of terrible sore throats are over!
You mean I have those inside me right now!! Gross!! I'm gonna ask my doctor on my next check up if I can have mine removed on account of their disgusting appearance.
he will love having these pictures to show all his friends!
I disagree with everyone else, those tonsils aren't gross, they're not bad at all. I hope Tyton is feeling better! Give him our love.
Dude! I had mine out in June last year! It was HELLLLLLL. Poor kid. I did not have a good experience....throwing up after that was not good.
Also...they wouldnt let me take photos...bastards!!
Tyton, I'm so glad those old tonsils are out. I hope you're feeling better and better every day. I love you so much. I think you are a darling boy even when you are sick!!! Love, Grandma Tolton
Post a Comment