Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Scout Uniform

I'll be honest. I was nervous about this gift from Grandma and Grandpa. Tyton is turning 8 years old and he's a boy. I was 8 years old once and I'm a boy. I'll tell you right now... all I wanted was candy and toys. When Grandma told us she was getting Tyton a Scout Uniform for his birthday, I was afraid of Tyton's reaction. I was petrified that it was gonna be like when Ralphie and Randy open up their socks on Christmas morning in A Christmas Story... they look at each other and then simultaneously throw the socks over their shoulder and move on to the next gift.

So last night when we told Tyton he could open his present early (since he's being introduced to the scout troop tonight) he was pretty excited. I got even more nervous at that point cause I didn't know how he was gonna react when he saw what was inside the wrapping paper.

You can imagine my surprise when he could barely contain his excitement. He insisted on putting it on right away and wore it all evening. Several times during our Netflix (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) he would look down at his uniform and comment on how awesome it was. Then, about halfway through our movie, he asked us to pause it so he could call Grandma and tell her thanks.

Luckily we have a Grandma who knows what she's doing and a kid who can appreciate stuff like that.



After the movie got over, I sent the boys in to start getting ready for bed. Tyton went into the bathroom and we heard him yell. We ignored it at first thinking he was teasing Boston or something. Then he yelled, "MOM! COME HERE! HELP!" I ran into the bathroom instead of mom... you know... in case it was a spider or something.

I saw Tyton standing at the toilet having just finished going pee. I said, "What's wrong?"

"I peed on my scout shirt!"

Turns out his shirt had accidentally fallen into his pee stream. No worries. We washed it last night so he won't smell like pee at scouts tonight.

No comments: