Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yes. It is.

Telephone conversation I had three minutes ago:

Offender: Hey Daley. I'm gonna be a few minutes late for our appointment.

Me: Did you talk with that detective then?

Offender: Yeah. I just got done.

Me: So he didn't arrest you, I take it. Are they still gonna charge you with Rape?

Offender: I don't know. He said it sounded like it was consensual.

Me: But she was your half-sister. They might charge you with Incest.

Offender: Is that a crime?

Me: (pause) Yes. It is.

Offender: Well, I guess they could then.

Me: How about you come into my office and talk with me.

9 comments:

James said...

and the square of life continues...

SRA said...

What's wrong with keeping it all in the family??

LT said...

I imagine that during the (pause) you slowly blinked as a pain shot through your head.

Kristi said...

Wow. that's all I have.

Hilda said...

That's a pretty crazy conversation. I can only imagine what you will discuss when he comes into your office...

The Pachuilo Family said...

When did you start calling John Maxim "Offender"???

Anonymous said...

Wrong on so many levels.

Heather said...

Scary!

Heather and Kyle said...

WOW!